Rootstown School Board Meetings & Policies
Regular Board meetings are held in the High School cafeteria at 6:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
The Board may call special meetings when the need arises.
Rootstown Schools, in collaboration with the community, will provide a quality education in a safe environment for students to become productive, life-long learners.
Board of Education Meeting Guidelines
Please keep these guidelines in mind when you address the Board:
- Keep your comments brief and to the point.
- Do not reflect adversely on the political or economic view, ethnic background, character, or motives of any individual.
- If you have a specific complaint about an employee, and you have attempted to resolve the problem with the person, his/her supervisor, and/or the Superintendent, simply state that you would like to discuss a personnel matter with the Board.
- Personnel matters
- Property purchases
- Pending legal action
- Employee negotiations
- Security matters
Functions of the Board
- To be responsible to the residents of the Rootstown School District.
- To serve as a policy-making body.
- To employ a Superintendent and vest such powers in the Superintendent as may be legally delegated.
- To employ a Treasurer to oversee the fiscal operation of the district and to serve as the Board’s secretary.
- To consider, approve, or reject contracts and business items.
The Rootstown Board of Education is composed of five members elected to four-year terms.
Board members receive the agenda and supporting materials several days in advance of a board meeting. If it appears that quick action is taken on an item, it may be because the topic has been studied for several weeks or questions were answered in advance of the meeting.
All efforts will be made to post the agenda to this location no later than the Friday before the Monday board meeting. Please refer to the Board Meeting Calendar for a list of board meeting dates for the current year.
Order of Business
- Call to Order
- Community/Board Dialogue
- Approval of Minutes of prior meetings
- Treasurer’s reports and business
- Superintendent’s business and recommendations
- Old Business
- New Business
About Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
In order to post the Agendas and Minutes in a timely fashion and to preserve the integrity of the original documents, all pages are presented in PDF format.
Recent Board Meetings & Minutes
February 13, 2023Meeting Minutes
January 23, 2023Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes
January 5, 2023Meeting Minutes
December 19, 2022Meeting Minutes
November 21, 2022Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes
October 17, 2022Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes
September 26, 2022Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes
August 22, 2022Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes
July 25, 2022Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes
June 27, 2022Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes
May 16, 2022Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes
April 18, 2022Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes
April 4, 2022Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes
March 14, 2022Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes
February 14, 2022Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes
January 24, 2022Meeting Agenda Meeting Minutes